10 October 2022

X-Men marathon

 

X-Men Marathon

  • Why? I have long wanted to see them all in chronological order by story, and now as I recover from Covid, I have had the time.
  • Seen3-7 October 2022

X-Men First Class – 4*

X-Men Origins Wolverine – 4*

X-Men Apocalypse – 4*

X-Men Dark Phoenix – 4*

X-Men – 3*

X2 – United – 3*

X-Men Days of Future Past – 4 ½*

Logan – 5*

 

It has been a bumpy and often exhilarating ride. I’m glad I’ve done this. Here are some general conclusions:

  • The series is well worth watching in this order.
  • There is, however, no internal logic, nor a clear timeline. The prequel, the originals and the sequels often contradict each other.
  • James McAvoy is a much stronger Charles than Patrick Stewart and while I dearly love Ian McKellen, he isn’t totally right for the roll either.
  • I will probably do this again in a few years.
  • See my original reviews on the blog. Mostly I have agreed with them though I raised the ratings on a few of them.

 


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment