31 October 2022

The Butterfly Effect

 

The Butterfly Effect 2004

  • Director: Erik Bress and J Mackye Gruber
  • Based on the book: no
  • Cast: Ashton Kutcher, Amy Smart, Melora Walters, Elden Henson, John Patrick Amedori, Irina Gorovaia, Logan Lerman, Eric Stoltz, Callum Keith Rennie, Lorena Gale
  • Personal “oh yeah him/her” reaction, i.e. have seen this actor in:
    • I didn’t recognise any of them.
  • Why? Might be good.
  • Seen:  25 October 2022      

       As a kid Evan (Lerman and Schmidt) has blackouts every time something bad happens and then he can’t remember. As an adult (Kutcher) this continues. He asks his mother (Walters) about his father’s (Rennie) mental illness, which seems to be hereditary. When he seeks out old friends to ask them what happened during his blackouts they become upset to the point of violence.

       He discovers that he can go back in his memories and change what happened, but maybe that’s not a good idea.

       OK, so now it’s sci fi. Fine by me.

       Probably if I thought about it, I’d find things wrong with it, but I won’t. I enjoyed it. 

3½ * of 5

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment