5 August 2024

The Lion King

 

The Lion King

  • Director: Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff
  • Based on novel: no
  • Cast: voices of Matthew Broderick, James Earl Jones, Jeremy Irons etc.
  • Personal “oh yeah him/her” reaction, i.e. have seen this actor in
    • Voices only
  • Why? Still trying to like it
  • Seen: 1 August 2024 

This is the third time I’ve tried to watch it. It’s supposedly based on Hamlet after all, but the first two times I gave up after a few minutes. Wish me luck this time.

Well, I seem to be watching the whole thing but I’m not impressed. It’s OK but the animation is not up to Disney’s usual artistic genius. The story and dialog are banal, the songs are mediocre at best and there’s not much Hamlet about it. Oh wait, the father’s spirit just said, ’Remember, remember, remember.’ Yay.

I really don’t understand the rave reviews. But yes, it’s OK. 

2* of 5

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment