26 August 2024

Tár

 

Tár 2022

  • Director: Todd Field
  • Seen by this director: Little Children, In the Bedroom
  • Based on the novel: no
  • Cast: Cate Blanchett, Noémie Merlant, Nina Hoss, Mark Strong
  • Personal “oh yeah him/her” reaction, i.e. have seen this actor in
    • Cate Blanchett – The House with Clocks in Its Walls, Thor Ragnarök, The Hobbit etc, Cinderella, Hanna, Robin Hood, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Elizabeth 1&2, Hot Fuzz, Babel Little Fish, The Aviator, Coffee & Cigarettes, The Shipping News, The Man Who Cried, Eyes Wide Shut
    • Mark Strong – 1917, Stockholm, Before I Go to Sleep, The Imitation Game, Soldier Sailor Tinker Spy, The Eagle, Robin Hood, Sherlock Holmes, Young Victoria, Stardust, Sunshine
  • Why? Possibly good
  • Seen: 25 August 2024  

As many have noted, Blanchett is brilliant, the film isn’t. Many others have thought both Blanchett and the film are brilliant. Sadly, I don’t. As a lover of classical music I was very much looking forward to seeing this. Indeed, I have saved it until it felt like the right evening. Evidently, this evening isn’t. I’m so disappointed.

It’s said that it gets more interesting towards the end, so I’ll fast forward…

…maybe somewhat more interesting, I suppose, but I don’t like the film. 

2* of 5

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment