14 November 2022

Wide Awake

 

Wide Awake 1998

  • Director: M Night Shayamalan
    • Seen by this director: Glass, Split, After Earth, The Happening, The Village, Sixth Sense
  • Based on the book: no
  • Cast: Joseph Cross, Rosie O’Donnell, Julia Stiles
  • Personal “oh yeah him/her” reaction, i.e. have seen this actor in:
    • Joseph Cross – Big Little Lies, Milk
    • Rosie O’Donnell – Beautiful Girls, Sleepless in Seattle
    • Julia Stiles – Silver Lining Notebooks, Mona Lisa’s Smile, O, Save the Last Dance, Hamlet, Ten Things I Hate About You
  • Why? I remember enjoying it the first time.
  • Seen: Once before maybe? Now I don’t think so. Now 10 November 2022.      

       A little white boy from a well-to-do family attends an American Catholic boarding school. Yuck. Why did I like this?

       When Joshua’s (Cross) granddad dies he goes on a mission to find god so he can ask if his granddad is OK.

       This is just stupid. Never mind that I’m an atheist, this is just too cute to endure. Not to mention boring. O’Donnell as a baseball-obsessed nun who uses Jesus as a baseball player to make her biblical points is supposed to be funny but is just annoying.

       I really cannot imagine ever liking this film. I don’t even remember it. I think I’m mixing it up with another one about a British school during the war. This is not that.

       OK, the kid is cute and there are a few moments when I smile a little so not 0* 

1* of 5

 

 


ate About YouH

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment