3 August 2023

The Nice Guys

 

The Nice Guys 2016

  • Director: Shane Black
  • Based on the book: no
  • Cast: Russell Crowe, Ryan Gosling, Angourie Rice, Matt Bomer, Margret Qualley, Yaya Da Costa, Keith David, Lois Smith, Daisy Tahan
  • Personal “oh yeah him/her” reaction, i.e. have seen this actor in:
      • Russell Crowe – The Water Diviner, Winter’s Tale, Man of Steel, Les Misérables, Robin Hood, A Good Year, A Beautiful Mind, Gladiator, Romper Stomper
  • Ryan Gosling – First Man, Blade Runner 2049, La La Land, Crazy Stupid Love, Drive, Lars and the Real Girl, Half Nelson
  • Why? Crowe and Gosling
  • Seen: 20 July 2023      

       The thing is, I really like Crowe and Gosling. The other thing is, I don’t usually like this kind of PI film. The third thing is that I’m on my 4th beer of the afternoon so it’s not absolutely certain that this will be an intellectually astute review.

       It seems that they’re looking for Amelia and Misty Mountain. Don’t ask me why. It’s LA or Vegas, which doesn’t help. I’m not fond of either place, though to be fair, I’ve never been there. But the very concept.

       The bits I get are rather amusing, though.

       Oops. A long Messenger chat with a very dear friend has sort of disrupted my understanding of what’s going on in the film but never mind. All things considered, I think I sort of like it so let’s say 

3* of 5   

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment