13 March 2023

Volver

 

Volver 2006

  • Director: Pedro Almodóvar
  • Seen by this director: Todo sobre mi madre, perhaps others.
  • Based on novel: no
  • Cast: Penelope Cruz, Carmen Maura, Lola Dueñas, Blanca Portillo, Yohana Cobo, Chus Lampreave, Antonio de la Torre, Leando Rivera
  • Personal “oh yeah him/her” reaction, i.e. have seen this actor in
    • Penelope Cruz – Murder on the Orient Express, Pirates of the Caribbean, Elegy, Blow, Todre sobre mi madre
  • Why? Almedóvar.
  • Seen: 12 March 2023 

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen an Almodóvar film and I’m not sure how many I’ve seen. Whatever I’ve seen it was better than this one, whose only purpose seems to be to show how beautiful Penelope Cruz is. Which she is, but this film is chaotic, boring and senseless. 

Many people love it, giving it 9-10*. I don’t. 

2* of 5

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment