13 February 2023

The Walk

 

The Walk 2015

  • Director: Robert Zemeckis
  • Seen by this director: Cast Away, Contact, Forest Gump, Back to the Future, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, I Wanna Hold Your Hand
  • Based on the book by Phillipe Petit
  • Cast: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Charlotte le Bon, Ben Kingsley, Clément Sibony, César Domboy, James Badge Dale
  • Personal “oh yeah him/her” reaction, i.e. have seen this actor in:
    • Joseph Gordon-Levitt – Snowden, Knives Out, Looper, The Dark Knight Rises, Inception, 500 Days of Summer, Miracle at St Ana, The Lookout, Brick, Third Rock from the Sun, 10 Things I Hate About You
    • Charlotte Le Bon – The Hundred Foot Journey
    • Ben KingsleyHugo, Shutter Island, A House of Sand and Fog, Death and the Maiden, Schindler’s List, Gandhi
    • Clément Sibony – The Hundred Foot Journey, The Tourist
    • César Domboy - Un sac de billes
    • James Badge Dale – The Lone Ranger, World War Z
  • Why? Joseph Gordon-Levitt
  • Seen: 9 February 2023      

       Yes, I vowed I would never watch this film. No, I have not lost my fear of heights. Yes, I’m going to watch it with my eyes closed.  I’m doing it for you, Joseph.

       But with a French accent? Hmmm.

       True story. Phillipe Petit (JG-L) is a wire walker who defies several laws, including gravity, to walk a wire stretched between the newly built Twin Towers of New York City’s World Trade Centre.

       It seems to be a …comedy? Phillipe narrates the whole thing from childhood, to busking in Paris etc, etc, which is a pity because he’s very irritating. For the first time ever, I don’t like a JG-L character (although I’ve seen far from all his films).

       Why didn’t they cast French actors?

       It’s actually kind of boring. The James Bond type of music is annoying. Oh, why didn’t they just make a serious film?      

2* of 5

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment