20 June 2022

Guardians of the Galaxy 2

 Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (2017)

  • Director: James Gunn
  • Seen by the director: The Suicide Squad
  • Based on the Marvel Comic
  • Cast: Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Karen Gillan, Sylvester Stallone, Kurt Russell, Elizabeth Debicki, Sean Gunn
    • Chris Pratt – Zero Dark Thirty, Wanted
    • Zoe Saldana – Pirates of the Caribbean Black Pearl
    • Karen Gillan – The Circle, Doctor Who
    • Sylvester Stallone – Rambo, I suppose
    • Kurt Russell – The Hateful Eight, Once upon a Time in Hollywood, Overboard, Escape from New York, Silkwood, various series from the 60’s
    • Elizaebth Debicki – Tenet, Widows, The Cloverfield Paradox, Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, The Night Manager, Macbeth, The Great Gatsby
    • Sean GunnSuicide Squad, Third Rock from the Sun
  • Why? Confused it with Galaxy Quest
  • Seen: 14 June 2022      

       This is Volume 2. I haven’t seen Volume 1, but I’ll give it a try.

       A cute little Groot, a talking fox, a green human, a white human, a funny-coloured Hulk, a many tenacled monster with a lot of teeth which the others kill. The others are, I guess, the anti-hero good guys and they’re all good friends (see, no doubt, Volume 1). The green woman has a blue sister, and they hate each other. The fox – or maybe it’s a raccoon, steals some super valuable batteries so the Golden High Princess is peeved and sends a lot of rockets after them, so they fly through an asteroid belt and joke about turds, and then the white human’s long-lost father shows up and he’s a god so…

       Do you really need to know more? There is a story of sorts but it’s not very interesting. There is some humour which brings a smile or two, there are some pretty effects, and the racoon is convincing, but I don’t think I need to see Volume 1. I’m not sure I need to see the rest of this one.

       Well, I did, sort of. I paid some bills and checked my mail. But a few touching family moments and the good music raise it to      

2 * of 5   

 


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment