29 August 2022

Star Trek Insurrection

 

Star Trek Insurrection 1998

  • Director: Jonathan Frakes
  • Seen by this director: Several episodes of Roswell
  • Based on book: no
  • Cast: Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes, Brent Spiner, F Murray Abraham, Donna Murphy, Anthony Zerbe
  • Personal “oh yeah him/her” reaction, i.e. have seen this actor in:
  • Patrick Stewart - The Hollow Crown Richard II, Hamlet, Extras, X Men First Class, Star Trek etc, Excalibur, Hamlet, I Claudius
  • Jonathan Frakes – Third Rock from the Sun, Star Trek Generations etc
  • Brent Spiner – Star Trek etc, The Aviator, I Am Sam, Introducing Dorothy Dandridge, Corrina Corrina, TV series
  • F Murray Abraham – Inside Llewyn Davis, Amadeus
  • Anthony Zerbe – this and that
  • Why? Last attempt to become a Trekkie
  • Seen: 26 August 2022      

       This is my last Star Trek film. I probably won’t become a Trekkie, but I hope to enjoy the film.

       Well, there a few enjoyable moments and a few interesting ideas. Unfortunately, the story is weak, the dialog banal, the moral questions iffy, the romance trite and the humour unamusing.   

       All this could be forgiven if it were interesting but it’s not.

       Sorry, Trekkies. I love you but I won’t be joining you.      

2* of 5   

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment