9 August 2021

Jaws

 

Jaws 1975

  • Director: Steven Spielberg
  • Seen by this director: Ready Player One, BFG, War of the Worlds, Catch Me If You Can, AI, Saving Private Ryan, Amistad, Schindler’s List, Jurassic Park, Hook, The Colour Purple, E.T., Indiana Jones, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Sugarland Express, The Duel
  • Based on the novel by Peter Benchley
  • Cast: Rory Schneider, Richard Dreyfuss, Robert Shaw, Lorraine Gary, Murray Hamilton
  • Personal “oh yeah him/her” reaction, i.e. have seen this actor in:
    • Rory Schneider – Romeo Is Bleeding, All That Jazz, Klute
    • Richard Dreyfuss – What about Bob?, Postcards from the Edge, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead, The Good-bye Girl, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, American Graffiti, TV series from the 60s
    • Robert Shaw – Robin and Marion, The Sting
    • Lorraine Gary – TV series
    • Murray Hamilton – TV series
  • Why? Encouragement from my FB film groups.
  • Seen: Once before. Now 6 August 2021.      

       The first time we saw this I was scared to death. But I’m brave and I’m ready.

       You know the story, so I won’t recap it.

       Scared to death? Why? Of course, there were a few yelps and squeals this time too when the shark attacked but this time, I knew what was coming and actually found it boring at times. It ended up being two films: the first half with the townsfolk and the second half with the three men on a boat. Three alpha males, ho hum.

       The first time I saw this I hadn’t read Moby Dick or seen the film. Now I have and comparisons are inevitable. This one doesn’t stand up too good. But the scenery is pretty, Schneider and Dreyfuss are likeable, and it’s entertaining. 

3 * of 5

 


No comments:

Post a Comment